E Period Lunch
- Best Buddies, a national organization dedicated to promoting friendship between individuals of all abilities, will be meeting on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30pm in the cafeteria and occasionally move to the community. The first meeting, for example, was a trip to Glazed Donuts. If you like friendship, fun, and the occasional maple cream donut, this could be the club for you! Please contact Mr. Kusek at email@example.com for more information.
- Last Call! The Theater Company's Odyssey project invites any ARHS student to join a group of 30 of their peers, each making a specialized piece of theater designed solely for one other person. Sign-ups for the design workshop - which will give you all the tools and inspiration you'll need - are on the auditorium doors until the end of the day TODAY! Open to all; no theater experience needed.
- Readers! The next meeting of The Lit Club will be Monday, February 11th at 3:00 in Rm. 174 (Mr. Despres). We'll have snacks, reading discussion,and group writing exercises!
- The Theater Company spring slate of projects and productions is out! Grab a list of events off of the auditorium doors. Everything from student-wriitten play deadlines, immersive theater projects, and a visit from an Emmy-nominated Broadway designer are coming up. You don't need to have done anything with theater in the past to be involved. See Mr. Bechtold for questions.
- JETS Club: The Big Day is Saturday, March 16, which is sooner than you think. By now you should have all been contacted by your team captains. Next step is to get your registration fees into Ms. Blauner, Room 223. That would be a check made out to ARHS-JETS with YOUR NAME in the memo line. If you would like to request a fee waiver, please see Ms Blauner (or email her).
- Valentine’s Day Thursday, and the Class of 2019 wants to help you show a little extra love on that day in the form of carnations and Hershey kisses delivered to your (special and ordinary) friends and your favorite teachers. Order flowers or candy for anyone at lunch until Tuesday next week and we'll deliver them during A Period on the Thursday the 14th. See you at lunch!
- Want to help improve the life of someone battling cancer? Well, you can, at this year’s Canes for the Cure event! Simply buy a t-shirt and have fun at a Hurricanes game, and you’ll directly support the Cooley Dickinson Cancer Care Fund! Shirts will be for sale for $15 at lunch, and the school store after school. ALL proceeds go to the fund.
Wear your canes for the cure shirt to the following athletic events to get FREE admission:
February 14, Hurricanes girls’ varsity basketball vs Palmer HS
February 15, Hurricanes Boys Varsity Basketball vs Holyoke HS
February 16, Hurricanes Boys Hockey vs Chicopee Comp HS?
- The Theater Company spring slate of projects and productions is out! Grab a list of events off of the auditorium doors. Everything from student-written play deadlines, immersive theater projects, and a visit from an Emmy-nominated Broadway designer are coming up. You don't need to have done anything with theater in the past to be involved. See Mr. Bechtold for questions
4:00p Pope John XXIII HS - B/F/Basketball
5:30p @ Pope Francis Preparatory School - B/JV/Basketball
6:00p Chicopee HS - B/V/Ice Hockey
7:00p @ Pope Francis Preparatory School - B/V/Basketball
10:00a @ Mount Greylock Regional HS - B/V/Skiing - Nordic
10:00a @ Mount Greylock Regional HS - G/V/Skiing - Nordic
9:00a @ TBD - B/V/Indoor Track
9:00a @ TBD - G/V/Indoor Track