D Period Lunch
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day is Wednesday. Please support the POCU Bake Sale after school
- Interested in processing or learning more about the Kavanaugh hearing? Women's Rights Club will be hosting a dialogue after school today, 10/01, in room 166. We will also provide a list of community resources for those that may be struggling with issues related to sexual assault. Any and all genders are welcome!!
- Female-Identifying Students: Do you like to help people and make the world a better place by solving problems and creating new things? Are you interested in learning more about fun and well paying careers in Engineering and Computer Science? See Ms. Blauner in Room 223 after school for more information and a Permission Slip for an all-day field trip on Monday October 29 to attend UMass Amherst's "Women in Engineering and Computing Career Day for High School Girls." Permission Slips must be returned by Tuesday, Oct. 9.
- The deadline to register for PSATs is Monday, October 1 at 3 PM or before that if we run out of tests. Cost is $16, cash or check. The test is offered to juniors and sophomores. The fee is waived for juniors (only juniors, not sophomores) who qualify for free/reduced fees. Even if you qualify for a fee waiver, you are not registered until you indicate your intention to take the test. Registration is available in the Guidance office, in Rm 207 and Rm 309.
- SENIORS: Remember to get a pass to and from a college visit before your class starts!If you have tried to attend a visit and the representative did not show, it does not count against your excused absences from class.
- Calling all students! Do you have a great idea for an activity or innovation that will benefit the ARHS community? Need money to make it happen? The ARHS PGO offers $200 grants to students twice a year. The PGO has helped to fund display cabinets for student art in the school lobby, the Cambodian Heritage mural, instruments for Summit Academy, Consent Week, and more.You will find the current application form on the clubs page of the ARHS website. Please note that the fall deadline for completed applications is Friday October 12th!
- COLLEGES VISITING: PLEASE NOTE the following change in the college visit process:
Correction to the previous note about college visits: After 3 initial in-house visits, attending college visits will count as an EXCUSED absence, not unexcused. Apologies for the confusion.
The following colleges are visiting today:
- Simmons College at 8:30am
- Albertus Magnus College at 10am
- St. Olaf College at 10:30am
****Miss Garrity's sensory toys have been vanishing out of the Guidance Office! These toys are meant for all to access during stressful times. If you have taken an item because it is helping you frequently, that is fine, but if you have wandered off with an item that you are not using, please return it so that the rest of the community can access it when needed. If you have questions on how/where to buy your own sensory toys and items, email Miss Garrity and she can provide you with links.****
The Amherst Center Recreation Working Group is excited to announce a Public Forum on Wednesday, October 3rd in the ARHS Library from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Come see the proposed design for the renovation of the Amherst Middle and High School athletic fields and track, Community Field, and War Memorial pool house/basketball courts/playground!!
This informational forum will go over the Recreation Working Group’s preferred schematic design plan for the focus area and serve as a reference document for capital planning purposes. The landscape architects from Weston & Sampson, who developed the design in conjunction with the Rec Working Group, will be in attendance to go over the plan and answer questions.
11:00a @ Westfield HS - B/JV/Soccer
11:00a @ Westfield HS - B/V/Soccer
1:00p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Drury HS - B/V/Football
3:00p @ South Hadley HS - B/V/Golf - Team
4:00p Mohawk Trail Regional HS - G/V/Field Hockey
4:00p @ Ludlow HS - G/F/Volleyball
4:30p ARMS PGO Picnic
5:00p Ludlow HS - G/JV/Volleyball
5:30p Mohawk Trail Regional HS - G/JV/Field Hockey
6:15p Ludlow HS - G/V/Volleyball
3:00p EVENT UPDATE -- Northampton HS - B/V/Golf - Team
3:45p @ Northampton HS - B/V/Cross Country
3:45p @ Northampton HS - G/V/Cross Country
4:00p @ Mahar Regional School - G/JV/Soccer
4:00p @ Mahar Regional School - G/V/Soccer
4:30p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Northampton HS - B/JV/Soccer
4:30p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Northampton HS - B/V/Soccer
4:00p Renaissance School - G/V/Soccer
4:00p @ Turners Falls HS - G/V/Field Hockey
5:00p Agawam HS - G/F/Volleyball
5:00p Agawam HS - G/JV/Volleyball
6:15p Agawam HS - G/V/Volleyball
3:30p @ Bement School - B/MS/Cross Country
3:30p @ Bement School - G/MS/Field Hockey
3:30p Bement School - B/MS/Cross Country
5:00p @ East Longmeadow HS - B/JV/Soccer
7:00p @ East Longmeadow HS - B/V/Soccer
4:00p @ Palmer HS - G/V/Field Hockey
5:30p @ Minnechaug Reg. HS - G/JV/Volleyball
6:30p @ Minnechaug Reg. HS - G/V/Volleyball
6:30p @ Woodstock Academy - B/V/Football
9:00a TBD - G/MS/Cross Country
10:45a Thetford Academy - B/MS/Cross Country
11:15a BOYS VARSITY CROSS COUNTRY - Thetford Invite
11:15a GIRLS CROSS COUNTRY - Thetford Invite
HOLIDAY - NO SCHOOL
9:00a Varsity Volleyball - Classic Tournament
4:00p Woodstock Academy - B/JV/Football
5:30p New Bedford HS - B/V/Soccer