Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Seniors: Don't forget that Senior Portraits are due on January 22nd! Submit a clear, appropriate photo of yourself with an 8x10 ratio to Miss Garrity at email@example.com.
- Are you a senior in need of a portrait? Yearbook student staff members will be available after school to do outdoor portraits from 3-4pm on Wednesdays and Fridays until the December break. The dates are December 2nd, 4th, 9th, 11th, and 18th. 3 seniors per session- to sign up, email Miss Garrity at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Reminder to all- you can already pre-order your yearbook at arps.picaboo.com!
- A note to ALL students and staff: We need photo submissions! Here are some ideas for photo submissions:
-Face Mask Fashion- show us your favorite face mask of the season!
-Class Photos- get your classmates together and pose for a screenshot! Have everyone show off a project, do something silly, or just smile real big!
-Class Pets- Does your cat always try to show their butt to the camera during class? Do you always have your pup snuggled next to you while you study? Does your rat hang out in your shirt pocket while you work? Show us how your pet engages in distance learning with you!
-Self-Care- Mental Health is a big focus of our school this year. Show us what you do for self care?
- Who wants pizza?! The Class of 2022 is hosting a Hillside Pizza Gift Card fundraiser. Help support our class fundraising efforts by purchasing a Hillside Pizza $25 gift card. Proceeds will go to class events like graduation and prom! Please fill out the order form here!
- Art T-Shirt Design Contest! This contest is open to all ARHS students and staff interested in art and designing! We are looking for merch design ideas for the Class of 2022. You DO NOT have to be in the graduating class of 2022 to fill out this form! PLEASE SUBMIT BEFORE DEC 11th. https://forms.gle/PBonTGvHJ8tcHvYx6
Amherst Leisure Services has changed its name to Amherst Recreation, and they will also have a new logo. They are seeking logo submissions from local artists. Submissions will be narrowed down to five or so and the community will then have the opportunity to vote for their favorite. The designer of the logo that is selected will receive a free pool or golf membership, and publicity. Submissions are due by January 8, 2021. They can be sent to Marion Jordan at email@example.com Thanks and good luck!
- The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards is the nation's longest-running, largest, most prestigious recognition program for creative teenagers in art and writing. Any student in Massachusetts can enter the regional competition, often submitting writing they have done in English classes or in art classes (or on their own). This year’s competition will take place via the website www.artandwriting.org. Students are eligible to enter work created in the 2020 calendar year in a variety of categories. For more details about each of these categories, or examples of winning work, please check here. All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on Friday, December 11, 2020. Educators will not be required to sign submission forms this year so that we can ensure that all students, even those who are not seeing their teachers in person, are able to enter and participate. Submissions to the Massachusetts region will be judged throughout January and results will be posted online by January 28, 2021. Students are eligible to receive Honorable Mention, Silver Key, or Gold Key in each category. All winners will receive certificates in the mail.