E Period Lunch
- Some Important Reminders from the ARHS Attendance Office:
The high school has been receiving a number of messages on its full-day absence line from parents excusing their child’s tardiness. Please note that the absence line (413-362-1718) is to be called ONLY for full day absences. To summarize our policy, A student who is tardy must bring in a note from a parent to be time stamped by the Main Office and signed by a Dean. Students who are being dismissed early also must bring a note from a parent to be turned in at the Main Office and time stamped. In addition, students must always sign in on the Tardy or Early Dismissal sheet in the Main Office with their full name and time of arrival/departure.
*Telephone calls to excuse a tardy or early dismissal will not be accepted. If the information is left on the absence line
We appreciate your adhering to these procedures. All of this information can be found starting on page 1 of the Student Handbook. This handbook is on the main Amherst/Pelham Regional High School Website under the Parents/Guardians tab. Please Read this documentation as it contains a lot of information with regard to attendance and attendance reporting.
*Please note that it takes 24 hours to reconcile the sign in sheets and notes, so no changes are recorded in PowerSchool until the next day.
- This Friday, 11/2, there will be a gathering in Ms. Iverson's room, room 169, after school to unpack this weekend's anti-semitic hate crime together, to find comfort in our community, and to talk about what it means to be an American Jew today. We will also discuss further action that we can take here at ARHS to combat anti-semitism. We welcome all students, regardless of religious background and encourage non-Jews to attend, as non-Jews play a significant role in this matter. There will be snacks!
- ATTENTION NHS STUDENTS! Remember there is an NHS meeting at 3 p.m. TODAY! November 1st, 2018 in Room 117
- SENIORS!: You will have until Friday, November 16th to turn in senior portraits if you would like them in the yearbook! Email them to email@example.com or bring hard copies/USBs to Guidance! Photos must be standard portrait size, taken by yourself and showing your face, and must be appropriate.
- SENIORS!!: Register for the December 1 SAT and the December 8 ACT by this Friday, November 2 to avoid late fees. These are the last test dates that you can use for fall 2019 admission.
- SENIORS!!!: You can have your application fee to Westfield State University waived if you apply before Thanksgiving. If you are planning to apply to Westfield, applying by November 21 will save you some money! Don’t forget to put Westfield in Naviance and to request a transcript.
- SENIORS!!!!: Today, for Advisory, all seniors should report directly to the auditorium for an assembly. Senior advisors should also report to the auditorium.
- SENIORS!!!!!: IMPORTANT TASK! PLEASE DO THIS TODAY!!!! There are many applications listed in Naviance with no deadlines indicated, which could result in your school application materials being submitted late. Please check to ensure that each of your colleges has a deadline associated with it, particularly those to which you are applying early or ones with special program deadlines. This information is crucial for a timely submission process, and necessary information for your counselor and teachers who are writing your recommendations. If you have a school(s) without a deadline, it means you have chosen an incorrect application type (i.e. ED instead of EA, EA instead of priority, RD instead of rolling). The only application type which will not generate a date is a rolling deadline, and for those schools, you need to see Ms. Garrity in Guidance or Mrs. Tracy in room 309 to manually input the date by which you need your materials submitted.
- JETS Club:
Students interested in a Fun and Challenging Engineering Competition: Its time to start organizing this spring's TEAM+S Competition! Pick up a short form from the bulletin board in the Science Hallway (across from Room 218). Fill it out and return it to Ms. Blauner in Room 223 after school THIS WEEK.
- The Graphic staff will be meeting after school in room 187 every day this week and next week to lay out the first issue of the newspaper this year. All staffers, old and new, are invited to attend.
- Next Friday, November 2nd from 7-10pm, the class of 2020 will be hosting a Halloween Dance! Come for fun treats, karaoke, the donut on a string activity, and a costume contest! The winner gets a prize! Tickets will be sold starting Monday October 29th at lunch for $4 and $6 at the door. Happy Halloween!
College visiting today:
- Southern Vermont College at 1:30pm
- · Congratulations to Boys Soccer, Volleyball, Field Hockey and Football for advancing to the MIAA Playoffs! Congratulations to the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams for their PVIAC win this past weekend! Go Canes!
- · The ARHS Boys Varsity football team is in the playoffs again this year. Come out and support them as they play against East Longmeadow high this Friday at 7:00 PM. The game is at East Longmeadow High School, (180 Maple St, East Longmeadow, MA 01028.) Tickets for the Football Game will be $3 for students/seniors and $5 for adults. Let’s go Canes!
6:30p MIAA PLAYOFF - FIRST ROUND @ West Springfield HS - G/V/Volleyball
3:30p Girls XC to Northfield
7:00p MIAA SEMI FINAL GAME @ East Longmeadow HS - B/V/Football
12:00p TBD - B/MS/Cross Country
12:00p TBD - G/MS/Cross Country