Tuesday, June 15, 2021
The Amherst Hurricane Boosters needs your help this summer.
We’re looking for volunteers who would like to assist with some important projects that are going to make all Amherst Regional sports teams even better.
Whatever time you can donate — even if it’s just a couple of hours this entire summer you could help us with...
- A new Hurricane Alley Trophy Case so we can display our teams’ championship seasons and other awards with pride.
- A September golf tournament and more events that are going to raise thousands for college scholarships and much needed equipment.
- A new web page and could use your help writing content, taking photos, and posting to social media.
If you’re interested, please complete this quick form!
Are you interested in joining the girls soccer team next fall? Come meet the new coach in the high school gymnasium on June 17th at 3pm. We hope to see you there!
Are you interested in joining the football team next fall? Come meet the new coach in the high school gymnasium on June 18th at 3:30 pm. We hope to see you there!
- Please check out the June issue of The Graphic, complete with 17 great new stories by senior writers from the LGBTQ Literature/Journalism combo lit class.Stories include: examining comfort dog Winston’s role at school, teacher retirees, the return to in-person school, pandemic jobs, the musical, gap years, body art, nature outings during COVID, and much much more! Happy reading!
- 2021/22 AP Physics students, there will be a brief but important meeting on Thursday (6/17) at 2:30 to discuss summer work-- I promise that it is not too bad. You can either attend in-person (Room 225) or remotely (Google Meet Name: MrW_AP_Physics). Please reach out if you have any questions: email@example.com.
- With just two weeks left in the school year, now is a great time to return any overdue or checked-out library books! Not sure what you have out? Check your inbox for an email from the library or stop by the library to look up your record!
- Printmaking is a NEW Summer School Art class being offered. Learn the basics and some new techniques in the summer school Printmaking course! This course is open to all students, no matter how much art experience you have. We'll explore themes of personal significance as we carve images into printing blocks, create collagraphs, explore monotype, and create stencils to screen print onto paper and fabric.