D Period Lunch
- Signed up for AP PHYSICS for next year and missed the meeting? You must see Ms Blauner in Room 223 before the end of school to collect instructions and materials for your summer assignment.
- Holyoke Pride invites all LGBTQ youth and allies to our Youth Pride Dance on June 15th from 6 to 11 pm at the Holyoke City Hall Ballroom. The theme of this year’s dance is “Release Your Inner Queen” and will feature two drag performances, a DJ and lights show, a photo booth, ice cream bar, a nail painting station, raffle prizes and a red carpet fashion show! Free and open to youth ages 13-21--Come dressed in your most royal attire ready to dance the night away! This event is FREE!
- The Sene-Gambian Scholars Program will have a brief but mandatory meeting immediately after school on Monday, June 10, in Room 203 for students participating in the
- Tour Guides Needed: New 9th graders will be coming to Open House August 22 to learn their way around and get to know the building before the first day of school. Friendly, helpful student volunteers are needed to show them around. If you are able to help, please sign up in the Guidance office. Signing up is not a firm commitment because we know your summer schedule may still change, but if you sign up, we will contact you to ask you about it a couple of weeks in advance of the date. Many thanks for your help!! If you have questions, see Mr. Sadiq.
- Great news! This Saturday’s tree planting is at the high school. 9-Noon
- ATTENTION ALL: Tuesday, June 11th, will be our last day for late buses.
- The Graphic is online () and you can pick up a print copy on the box by the library! Read about the school's contract with Mass. Correctional Industries to reupholster auditorium chairs at a prison in Norfolk, MA, and keep reading, to learn about all of the following: our new adaptive gym class, a profile on incoming principal Gene Jones; Pedro Mendez and our restorative justice program; vaccines in our district, retiree stories, Limered bubble tea, Game of Thrones, the POCU trip to Harlem, the Senegambian exchange, and an exclusive interview with NFL draft Taj-Amir Torres! The Graphic brings you all the news!
- If you're planning on taking AP Biology next year, there is a mandatory meeting at 3:00 on Monday, June 10th in room 222. If you are unable to make the meeting BE SURE to check in with Mr. Cardozo or Ms. Paradis.
- Notice regarding attendance for all remaining students: We are seeing a sudden uptick in students coming in tardy. Some students are arriving so late that they are actually absent in their first period class. Please be advised that just because we are near end of year, it doesn't mean that students should be lax about getting here on time. Be assured that if you are making a habit of being tardy, it is likely that you could exceed the absence threshold in one or more of your classes, which would mean that you would lose credit for that class, regardless of your grade. Remember that every three tardies equals one absence. Be VERY careful with and aware of your attendance.
- Exciting news! Fall sports registration is open! Register early on FamilyID and check in with the nurse on your sports clearance. Imagine heading off for summer vacation knowing you are all set for your fall sport! Definitely a great feeling!!!!