Wednesday Day 7
- Seniors! Two Important Local Scholarships. DO NOT MISS!1. HCC gives away $200,000 in scholarships every year. Sometimes not enough HCC students apply and that money gets left on the table. If you are considering HCC, YOU NEED TO APPLY FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP.2. Community Foundation of Western MA is a great area scholarship for college bound students. Do not miss this one.There is an essay required for both scholarships. Come to the Writing Center after school on Mondays to get support. You must request transcript on Naviance A MINIMUM OF TEN DAYS BEFORE THE DEADLINE (your last minute stress will not be our be our last minute stress - take care of your business in a timely manner).
- This semester we will begin a new shadowing program for potential future students. This would include potential students from ARMS, as well as students from outside the Amherst school district. The purpose for this is we would like to have potential students have a firsthand experience on what a day in ARHS would be like. 9th grade students that are interested in having potential students shadow them during Semester 2 please email Ms. Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org.).
- Are you interested in spending more time outside, meeting new friends, and learning new outdoor skills? It's not too late to join the ARHS Outing Club! Our next meeting will be on Tuesday February 11 at 3pm in room 227. All are welcome. See Ms. Dorsey if you have any questions.
- Are you a Junior or Senior who may be interested in attending Springfield Technical Community College or Holyoke Community College and want to learn more? If so, we are taking a field trip to tour both campuses and learn about admissions, services, programs, etc. The trip will take place on Friday, 3/13/20. Pizza and water will be served for lunch or you can bring a cold lunch. Permission slips can be picked up in the guidance office and need to be returned to Ms. Garrity in Guidance right before break on FRIDAY, February 14, THE LATEST.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day is on TODAY! Please support the POCU Bake Sale!
- Voter Registration cards will be handed out during lunch this week. Anyone who is a U.S. citizen and will be 18 before March 3rd must register by February 12th to participate in the upcoming presidential primary. Any U.S. citizen who is at least 16 years old is also eligible to pre-register. Stop by the voter registration table in the cafeteria this week or contact Mr. Sadiq (email@example.com) or Ms. Stocker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Come to the first Supporting the Armed Forces & Families (S.T.A.F.F.) meeting this Thursday, February 6th in the library at 3pm. This new student group will work to support veterans, active duty personnel, and their families in our community. Contact Connor Plankey for more details.