E Period Lunch
- The first meeting of the Student Union will be today (Tuesday) at 3 p.m. in room 169! (Ms. Iverson's new classroom) If you're interested in mentoring elementary students or have project ideas to improve the high school, come! There will be snacks!
- All Vehicles parked on school grounds should have a current parking permit or risk being towed. It will cost approximately $125 to retrieve a towed vehicle
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Day is Wednesday. Please support the POCU Bake Sale after school
- Female-Identifying Students: Do you like to help people and make the world a better place by solving problems and creating new things? Are you interested in learning more about fun and well paying careers in Engineering and Computer Science? See Ms. Blauner in Room 223 after school for more information and a Permission Slip for an all-day field trip on Monday October 29 to attend UMass Amherst's "Women in Engineering and Computing Career Day for High School Girls." Permission Slips must be returned by Tuesday, Oct. 9.
- The deadline to register for PSATs is Monday, October 1 at 3 PM or before that if we run out of tests. Cost is $16, cash or check. The test is offered to juniors and sophomores. The fee is waived for juniors (only juniors, not sophomores) who qualify for free/reduced fees. Even if you qualify for a fee waiver, you are not registered until you indicate your intention to take the test. Registration is available in the Guidance office, in Rm 207 and Rm 309.
- SENIORS: Remember to get a pass to and from a college visit before your class starts!If you have tried to attend a visit and the representative did not show, it does not count against your excused absences from class.
COLLEGES VISITING: PLEASE NOTE the following change in the college visit process:
****Miss Garrity's sensory toys have been vanishing out of the Guidance Office! These toys are meant for all to access during stressful times. If you have taken an item because it is helping you frequently, that is fine, but if you have wandered off with an item that you are not using, please return it so that the rest of the community can access it when needed. If you have questions on how/where to buy your own sensory toys and items, email Miss Garrity and she can provide you with links.****
The Amherst Center Recreation Working Group is excited to announce a Public Forum on Wednesday, October 3rd in the ARHS Library from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Come see the proposed design for the renovation of the Amherst Middle and High School athletic fields and track, Community Field, and War Memorial pool house/basketball courts/playground!!
This informational forum will go over the Recreation Working Group’s preferred schematic design plan for the focus area and serve as a reference document for capital planning purposes. The landscape architects from Weston & Sampson, who developed the design in conjunction with the Rec Working Group, will be in attendance to go over the plan and answer questions.