E Period Lunch
- On October 10, 2018 people around the world changed the lives of homeless people in their local community. Let’s tackle homelessness together. Socks are the most needed but least donated article of clothing in homeless shelters. Join our MIAA Student Ambassadors as they collect socks during the MIAA Community Service "Socktober" Challenge.
Socks will be collected by our Ambassadors at the football and volleyball games THIS EVENING Friday, October 12th. Students can get in free with a pair/package of new socks. Keep your ticket, so you can attend both games at no charge with your sock donation.
- It is time to sign-up for the Fifty-Fifth Annual Mathematics Olympiad Competition that takes place on Thursday October 18th. For details and to sign-up, see your math teacher or come to the math office in room 221. The deadline for signing-up is the end of school on Wednesday, 10/17. There are 40 slots available first come, first serve. Visit the website http://www.maml.org
- Bonjour! The French Club will be meeting after school next Thursday at 3:00 in Madame Cissé’s classroom (room 147). We will be planning for our upcoming visit to Wildwood Elementary School where we will be reading French short stories to 1st and 2nd graders. Not yet involved in the French Club but interested in seeing what we’re all about? Pas de problème! New members are always welcome. Merci!
- Do you like cookies? If so, please come support your fellow Amherst Regional High School Cheerleaders at our bake sale that is happening on TODAY!! right outside of the cafeteria. We would greatly appreciate your support!
- It’s Spooky Season! Do you like writing spooky stuff? The Minks's editors love reading your pieces. Spooky or not, submit writing to The Minks to get published in ARHS’s literary magazine. Email your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reminder!! The ARHS PGO Grant application are due TODAY! If your or your club have a good idea for an activity please apply. Applications are online on the ARHS clubs page.
- All Vehicles parked on school grounds should have a current parking permit or risk being towed. It will cost approximately $125 to retrieve a towed vehicle
- SENIORS: Remember to get a pass to and from a college visit before your class starts! If you have tried to attend a visit and the representative did not show, it does not count against your excused absences from class.
- Please note: When a student is absent from class for an in-school college visit, depending on how long the student is out of class, teachers have the ability to mark students as present, or as an unexcused absence. Miss Garrity keeps track of which students attend visits using the Guidance sign-in sheet, and then she and Ms. Zygmont work together after the visit to go back and excuse any unexcused absences in Powerschool. This can take several days from start to finish, but the absence will be excused. After 3 initial in-house visits, attending college visits will count as an EXCUSED absence, not unexcused.
Colleges Visiting Today:
- Interested in playing on the Girls ARHS Basketball team this winter? Join us in Room 117 on
- SPIKE IT FOR LIFE! - Come cheer along the volleyball team on Tuesday, October 16th. Doors open at 4:45 p.m. - JV game is at 5 p.m., Varsity game is at 6:30 p.m. This is the annual Spike it for Life match up vs. Belchertown! All for a great cause! There will be raffles, a bake sale and a 50/50 raffle. Proceeds benefit Integrated Cancer Services at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital. Let's fill the gym!!!!!