F Period Lunch
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SENIORS: October 10th was the deadline to put in requests into Naviance for all schools with November 1 deadlines. If you have not yet done ALL of the following, please take time to COMPLETE THESE TASKS TODAY. FAILURE TO DO ANY ONE OF THESE STEPS COULD RESULT IN AN INCOMPLETE OF LATE APPLICATION.
- List the schools in Naviance
- Select the appropriate application type (i.e. ED, EA, etc.) to insure that a deadline is reflected for your application. If no deadline appears, make sure the school has an early deadline. IF YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE APPROPRIATE APPLICATION TYPE AND NO DEADLINE APPEARS, If you have chosen an appropriate application type and no deadline appears, or if there is a special program deadline, see Mrs. Tracy in room 309 or Ms.Garrity in room 101 so we can put in the deadline manually.
- Request Transcripts be sent in Naviance
- Check in with your recommending teachers and Counselor to see if they need any additional information from you
- List schools in the Common App (if applicable)
- Match your Common App and your Naviance Account
- Request a fee waiver for all Common App schools in the Common App, if you are income eligible for the Free/Reduced lunch program
- If applying Early Decision, don't forget to invite parent/guardian to sign the early decision agreement, so that we will be forwarded the appropriate school form.
- Mandatory meeting for Memory Project members after school TOMORROW, Thursday. The pictures are here! You will be getting your assignment and we will be taking our own pictures so don't miss it.
- How can the study of cognitive science and dehumanization help us understand and create policy to counter prejudice against immigrants and refugees? Join Critical Connections this Today, Wednesday, October 17th from 7-9 PM at the Jones Library to find out and discuss groundbreaking research with two leading social scientists. Refreshments will be served. Free and open to the public. Ask you social studies teacher about their extra credit policy, and find Leif Maynard with questions. See you there!
- The senior group photo will be retaken this Friday October 19th at 7:45 by Mr. Larcheveque. This one will be outside, behind the school on the Lacrosse field. All seniors please report directly there this Friday morning before 7:45. All teachers please be aware that the seniors in your A period classes will be arriving a little late that day. If any of them show up on time, please remind them about the senior group picture on the Lacrosse field. Thanks a lot to the seniors who requested the retake, Mr. Larcheveque, and everyone else for helping make this happen.
- There will be a Class Council meeting for the class of 2021 on Monday, october 22, 2018 at 3:00pm in room 117. Also Anyone wanting to be a leader of the class of 2022 pleasecome to the same meeting on October 22 at 3:00pm in room 117
- To any students interested in joining the layout staff of The Graphic, we will have a training meeting in room 187 on Tuesday, October 23, from 2:45 to 4 and another on Thursday, October, 25, from 2:45 to 4. Students from Journalistic Writing create the articles for our school newspaper, but staffers edit and lay out the content. Please come and see if you'd like to learn how to work with a professional publishing program that helps us get out ARHS's news! Email Ms. Barber-Just with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or swing by room 172.
- Planning on voting in the November 6th midterm elections? Make sure your voice is heard and register to vote before the Wednesday, October 17th deadline! Stop by the library before or afters school for help registering or pre-registering to vote, checking your registration status, or confirming where to go to cast your ballot on November 6th.
- It is time to sign-up for the Fifty-Fifth Annual Mathematics Olympiad Competition that takes place on Thursday October 18th. For details and to sign-up, see your math teacher or come to the math office in room 221. The deadline for signing-up is the end of school on Wednesday, 10/17. There are 40 slots available first come, first serve. Visit the website http://www.maml.org
- Bonjour! The French Club will be meeting after school Tomorrow, Thursday at 3:00 in Madame Cissé’s classroom (room 147). We will be planning for our upcoming visit to Wildwood Elementary School where we will be reading French short stories to 1st and 2nd graders. Not yet involved in the French Club but interested in seeing what we’re all about? Pas de problème! New members are always welcome. Merci!
Colleges Visiting Today:
- Lafayette College at 10:30am
- Sterling College - Craftsbury Common at 11am
- Wentworth Institute of Technology at 11:30am
EARLY RELEASE DAY
3:00p EVENT UPDATE -- Chicopee HS - B/V/Golf - Team
4:00p @ Athol HS - G/V/Field Hockey
4:00p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Longmeadow HS - B/F/Soccer
4:00p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Longmeadow HS - B/JV/Soccer
5:30p EVENT UPDATE -- Longmeadow HS - B/V/Soccer
5:30p @ Athol HS - G/JV/Field Hockey
3:15p TEAM PHOTOS - Boys Soccer, Football, XC Boys & Girls & Field Hockey
4:00p Southwick Regional School - G/JV/Soccer
4:00p EVENT UPDATE -- Southwick Regional School - G/V/Soccer
5:30p @ Agawam HS - G/JV/Volleyball
6:30p @ Agawam HS - G/V/Volleyball
MIAA STUDENT AMBASSADOR HUDDLE
3:15p Team Photos - Volleyball and Girls Soccer
3:30p @ South Hadley HS - G/V/Field Hockey
4:00p Ludlow HS - B/F/Soccer
4:00p Ludlow HS - B/JV/Soccer
5:00p @ South Hadley HS - G/JV/Field Hockey
7:00p Lee Middle and HS - B/V/Football
10:00a Girls XC - Brown Invitational
10:00a MS FH BEMENT JAMBOREE
10:30a Bement School - B/MS/Cross Country
10:30a Bement School - G/MS/Cross Country
11:00a EVENT UPDATE -- @ Wahconah Regional HS - G/JV/Volleyball
12:00p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Ludlow HS - B/V/Soccer
12:30p EVENT UPDATE -- @ Wahconah Regional HS - G/V/Volleyball
5:00p BOYS VARSITY & JV CROSS COUNTRY - BARNSTABLE INVITE